Toku Connect call queues enable calls to be queued, instead of them left unanswered, whilst agents are on a call.
For example, calls to a sales number are routed to a call queue, where callers are kept in the queue until the next salesperson is available to respond.
**Note that you would need to be admin to create these queue's**
To add a Call Queue click on the “Call Queues” function in the Toku Connect Management Console and:
- Click “Add”, enter a name for the queue and select a virtual extension number.
- “Polling Strategy” – define how calls are distributed to agents:
Hunt random start – randomly choose an agent to distribute the call to and evenly distribute calls among available agents.
Ring All – ring the phones of ALL the agents.
Prioritized Hunt – distribute calls according to the order specified in the “Call Queue Agents” section. i.e. all calls go to the first agent, and only if this agent is busy, the calls go to the next agent.
This strategy can be used to set up skills-based routing, by prioritizing the agents according to their skills.
- “Ring time” – the timeout in seconds, i.e. for how long the phone keeps ringing before the call is considered unanswered by that agent.
- “Direct Inbound Dialing (DID)” - optionally assign one or more DIDs to the queue to route calls directly to the queue. Alternatively, you can assign an IVR menu option to the queue.
- “Destination if no answer” - define the maximum queue waiting time and the action to perform if the call remains unanswered. If no agent is logged into the queue, this option gets triggered immediately. This option also gets triggered if the caller presses the ‘*’ button, to give callers a queue exit option and leave a message.
- “Music on Hold” - use a custom on-hold audio file.
- “Play Intro Prompt” - set a custom introduction prompt and choose whether to play this prompt before polling the agents.
- “Options” - select to announce a caller’s queue position and specify the prompts language for the queue.
- “Click2Call / Click2Meet” - set a user-friendly URL to enable callers to easily request remote assistance.
- “Agents” tab - click to “Add” the member extensions for this queue and move the extensions up or down to configure their priority.
- Click “OK” to create the queue.
Important: Queue members must be logged in a call queue to start answering calls. You can configure queue member extensions to automatically log out by enabling their “Forwarding Rules” > “Statuses” > “Log out from queues” option for each status profile, or disable to allow users to log in manually.
If you have further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly Toku Support team at email@example.com.