Information on how to configure your Android device's settings to access Toku Connect
We do recommend that customers use the Toku Connect 3CX application to get the best experience with Toku Connect.
However, if you like tinkering or feel strongly that you must use the native Android SIP client on your device to access your Toku Connect service, we're not going to stop you!
Please note that we cannot provide technical support for problems that may arise as a result of choosing to access Toku Connect this way. Also, because implementations of the Android OS and the individual settings for your specific device can vary a great deal between brands and models of Android devices, the guidance below is provided as an example of how one would go about configuring the required settings:
- Email to email@example.com to request information on the necessary settings for your specific Toku Connect account.
- You will receive a reply with the credentials you need to use when setting up your Android device's native SIP accounts. Some of these are different from the settings used in the Toku Connect (3CX) application. For example, you will get a new IP address for use with your Android device settings.
- Go to your Android device, and launch your standard Android dialer. This is often referred to as the "Phone" app or "Dialer".
- From there you will need to go to the "Settings" for the dialer application.
- Click on the "Calls" menu option.
- Select "Calling Accounts".
- From there, select "SIP Accounts". This is where you will enter the settings for your Toku Connect account.
- Using the information from Toku's support team, fill in the details on this screen.
- When you're finished, "Save".
- If everything worked properly, you will see a newly created SIP account under your "Calling Accounts" list.
- You should also see that there is an option to select which account you will use to make a new call.
- Select the new Toku Connect SIP account, and you can now make outbound calls using your Toku Connect account, from your Android phone.